Wednesday, September 1, 2010

I'm Rich! Thank You Nigerian -- I Mean Swiss -- Lotto

I just won 750,000 pounds!! Totally unexpected.

Turns out I won a Swiss Lottery that randomly picks an email address as a winner and associates that address with a global region and...oh, screw it; I don't know how it works. It's explained in the email they sent me. All I have to do is provide a bunch of personally identifying information and the money is mine!

What nice people!

Here's the email:

SWISS-LOTTOwww. swisslotto. ch NATIONAL LOTTERY E-MAIL BALLOT AWARD 2010

You have been awarded the sum of £750,000.00 GBP in the SWISS-LOTTOSatellite Software email lottery in which E-mail addresses are selectedrandomly by Software powered by the internet through the worldwidewebsite as categorized below:
"A" Asia
"B" Europe
"C" North America
"D" South America
"E" Africa
"F" Australian

Your email address was amongst those chosen this year for theSWISS-LOTTO Satellite lottery. And this promotional program is proudlysponsored by the SWISS-LOTTO organization.Your email address attachedto Ref number 5, 7, 14, 17, 18, 43 with Serial 10, and consequently wonthe lottery in the "E" Category.

You have therefore been approved the lump sum pay out of £750,000.00GBP.

Please note that your lucky winning number falls within our African Booklet representative as categorized above. In View of this, The African Fiduciary Bank will have your won prize of £750,000.00 GBP processed and then effect payment to you by approval of Financial Service Authority FSA. To file for your claim by simply contacting the below address:

STERLING BANK NIGERIA
E-mail: sterlingbank@stargatesg1.com

PLEASE INDICATE BELOW INFORMATIONS TO THE ABOVE ADDRESS.
1. FULL NAMES:
2. NATIONALITY:
3. DATE OF BIRTH:
4. SEX:
5. MARITAL STATUS:
6. CONTACT ADDRESS:
7. TELEPHONE NUMBER:
8. OCCUPATION:
9. PRESENT COUNTRY:
10.Draw Number above:

These details will facilitate processing of your of won prize to avoid unnecessary delays and complications. All Reply should be directed to the paying bank (sterlingbank@stargatesg1.com ) failure to send your info to the bank leads to disqualification

Van Norris
Online Games Director
SWISS-LOTTO


Man, what a stroke of luck this is! I could really use 750,000 pounds right about now.

Hey, but I noticed they asked for my name and address, but they didn't ask for my social security number. Good thing I caught that. I'll go ahead and include that too, just to avoid "unnecessary delays and complications." Nothing bad will happen, I'm sure.

Those Swiss Africans. Always surprising me.

No comments: